Kisii County (045) is one of the 47 Counties of Kenya in the former Nyanza Province. It borders Nyamira, Narok, Homabay, and Migori Counties. The largest town and headquarters of the county is Kisii town.
Constituencies and Sub-Counties in Kisii County
Kisii County is divided into nine (9) constituencies and 11 sub-counties (in brackets).
- Kitutu Chache North (Marani)
- Kitutu Chache South (Kitutu Central)
- Nyaribari Masaba (Masaba South)
- Nyaribari Chache (Kisii Central)
- Bomachoge Borabu (Kenyenya)
- Bomachoge Chache (Gucha)
- Bobasi (Nyamache and Sameta)
- South Mugirango (Etago and Gucha South)
- Bonchari (Kisii South)
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Kisii County
While there are no National parks in Kisii county, travelers can engage in other activities. These include hiking and chasing Nyakwana waterfalls in Kisii. Below is a list of the top 10 things to do and places to visit in Kisii.
- Take a Walk up the Sameta Hills
- Go for a hike up the Manga Hills
- Visit the Tabaka Village
- Learn the art of Soapstone Carving at Tabaka Village
- View Kisii town from Nyanchwa Hills (Ekerore).
- Hike the Nyamasibi Hills
- Explore the Kiong’anyo Hills
- Chase the Nyakwana Waterfalls (Ekeera).
- Relax at the Kamel Park Hotel
- Take nature walks and bird watching at Nyangweta Forest
- Play Golf, Swim, or exercise at the Kisii Golf Club
Hotels in Kisii
Besides the popular Kamel Park Hotel, there are other luxury and budget hotels in Kisii. Most of them are situated in Kisii town center for convenience. If you are looking for a place to stay in Kisii County, check out booking.com for the best facilities and rates.
Is your tourist attraction listed in this article? What are your favorite things to do and places to visit near Kisii town? If you have any attractions in this area, feel free to share and I will add them to this page.
- Best Kenya Travel Guide
- ENA Coach Online Booking, Contacts, and Fares
- Explore Kenya: Best Places to Visit in Kenya