On January 8, 2018, Kenya Railways launched Madaraka Express train service Website. The website came after months of challenges getting the tickets. The prior available means of booking SGR tickets for the trains between Nairobi and Mombasa were either using USSD Code *639# or visiting the respective station.
Passengers can now enjoy the convenience of booking a ride on the Madaraka Express Train and SGR intercounty train through Kenya railway’s online booking system. It is quick and very easy to use.
How to book Madaraka Express online from the Website 2019
- Go to metickets.krc.co.ke
- Select the Preferred train (Madaraka Express for the afternoon or SGR intercounty for morning travel)
- Select your Starting station (Mombasa, Athi River, Emali, Kibwezi, Miaseny, Mariakani, Mtito Andei, Voi or Nairobi)
- Type in or Select your desired destination (Nairobi, Voi, Mtito Andei, Mariakani, Miaseny, Kibwezi, Emali, Athi River or Mombasa,)
- Indicate or select the travel date
- Select the coach type and indicate the number of passengers (Second Class or First class)
- Enter the passenger details (Full names, ID/Passport number, and Country)
- Select the payment option (Mpesa)
Once you make the SGR online booking, you will get a confirmation message which you will use the details to print the ticket at the respective station (departing station)
Useful information when booking Madaraka express online 2019
You can book individual tickets 30 days in advance. Group bookings for more than 20 passengers should be done officially 30 days in advance.
Madaraka Express Passenger station Contacts
For inquiries, you can contact Kenya Railways through the following numbers and contacts.
- Kenya Railways Email: email@example.com
- SGR Booking phone number: 0709 388 888
- SGR Website: www.krc.co.ke
- Facebook account: Kenya Railways
- Twitter account: @KenyaRailways
Trains between Nairobi and Mombasa Schedule (Effective August 01 2018)
N1 (Intercounty) train from Mombasa to Nairobi will depart Mombasa Terminus at 8:00 am and arrive at Nairobi Terminus at 1:42 pm.
N2 (Intercounty) train from Nairobi to Mombasa shall depart Nairobi Terminus at 8:20 am to arrive in Mombasa Terminus at 2:18 pm.
E1 (Express) train will depart Mombasa Terminus at 3:15 pm and arrive at Nairobi Terminus at 8:14 pm.
E2 (Express) train from Nairobi to Mombasa shall depart at 2:35 pm to arrive in Mombasa Terminus at 7:18 pm.
Over time I have had a very frequently asked question about SGR booking using Mpesa or USSD *639#. Many passengers after paying for the tickets, they don’t get a confirmation message from Kenya Railways. All they get is a Mpesa message.
Question asked: I have paid for SGR tickets and I haven’t received the confirmation message. What do I do?
Answer: In the Mpesa message that you get there is an account number from SGR, you will use this account number together with the phone number you used to book with to print the tickets at the departure train station. Arrive at the station about one and a half hours in advance.
For more information About the Trains between Nairobi and Mombasa, Check the following Links.
- SGR Madaraka Express train tickets, advance booking, timings, stops and other information.
- Nairobi to Mombasa Advance Train Booking
- Madaraka Express 2018 Schedule Effective 01, December 2017
Travel safe and remember to share. Visit Kenyan Backpacker for more updates on budget travel in Kenya, Africa and beyond.