Nairobi is perhaps the best capital to visit in East Africa, it’s even a solid competitor for the best places to visit in Africa. If you’re searching for activities or spots to visit in Nairobi, walk with me!
Nairobi, the capital of Kenya, is one of the best cities in Africa. There are many things to do in this city that make it challenging to advise where to start. With wildlife centers, cultural markets, and museums, the city is a must-visit. The easy access to other national parks, beaches, and national reserves earns it the Safari Capital of the World title.
In this travel guide, I will show you the best activities, places to visit, and where to stay if you only have two days in Nairobi. So If you’re on a business trip, Safari expedition, or just curious about the city, here’s what you need to know.
Things to do in Nairobi – 2 Days
Travelers say it’s Beautiful, Pleasant, and Fast paced. Some have gone further to rename it to Nairobery. But whatever your description, the city is never the same. It constantly reinvents itself. And if you stay long before coming back, it will forget you!
Do you have a weekend or two days to spare in the city?
Are you wondering what places to visit in two days?
If yes, here is a list for you.
Day 1: Experience the Wild Side
- Take a morning or evening game drive at the Nairobi National Park.
- Visit the relaxed Nairobi Safari Walk and Animal Orphanage.
- Visit the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage.
- Feed the tall ones at the Giraffe Center.
- Experience nature at the Ollolua Nature Trail.
- Piece together the Out of Africa movie by visiting Karen Blixen Museum.
- Experience the Kenyan cultural heritage at the Bomas of Kenya.
Day 2. The City Experience
- Get lost at the Nairobi National Museum.
- Shop at the Maasai Market or City Market.
- Visit point zero coffee Shop and the Nairobi Gallery.
- See the railway graveyard and Railways Museum.
- Take a city walking tour and see the monuments and architecture of Nairobi.
- Visit the August 7 Memorial park.
- Experience the city’s nightlife.
There are multiple ways you can get around in Nairobi. However, the best way to see the city center is on foot. For attractions outside the city, the best way to explore is by joining a tour. You can also get around using public means of transport like Matatus, BodaBodas (Motorcycle taxis), or rideshare taxis like Uber.
Where to Stay in Nairobi
There are many ways you can save money on accommodation without compromising on quality during your trip. Booking Com and Airbnb are some of the best platforms for booking the best hotels and lodges in Nairobi. Also, Couchsurfing is a good option – free stays with locals.
The city with many places to stay and relax. You can get a decent hotel, hostel, or Airbnb at very affordable rates.
- Budget accommodation: $10 – $40 USD per night
- Mid-range hotels: $50 – $100 USD per night
- High-end hotels: From $100 USD per night
No doubt, Nairobi has some fine spots, parks, and amazing places to visit. I haven’t even done justice just listing the things to do and see. If you are traveling solo, with friends, or with family, be assured of a good time there.