About Africa Train Travels
Welcome to Africa Train Travels/Africa by Trains. This is a blog space for sharing stories and experiences gathered from all over Africa through the window seat.
In this space, we are going to write our own tales and exchange notes from our explorations in this beautiful continent. We are going to answer the question of “how to travel around Africa by trains” from our trips in Kenya, Zambia, Tanzania, Djibouti, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa, Ethiopia, and the rest of Africa.
Africa by Trains – Through the window seat.
Traveling by train is one of the most amazing things to do in Africa. It gives you a chance to experience this vast land from a different perspective. It is a chance to reflect, to connect, and to seek clarity. Let’s go on a journey from Ras ben Sakka (Ra’s al Abyad) (Cape Blanc), Tunisia to Cape Agulhas, South Africa. From Pointe des Almadies, Cap-Vert Peninsula, Ngor, Dakar, Senegal to Ras Hafun (Raas Xaafuun), Somalia.
Being featured on Africa Train Travels
If you have used trains in any part of Africa, feel free to share your experience with other readers by submitting your article or pictures to email@example.com or tagging your Instagram and Facebook pictures using #AfricaTrainJourneys, #AfricaTrainTravels, and #AfricabyTrains.
Let’s explore Africa together through the Window Seat!
List of Best Train Journeys in Africa
Train Travel in Egypt
- The Overnight sleeper train from Cairo to Aswan via Luxor
- The 05:00 am Express from Cairo to Alexandria
Train Travel in Ethiopia
- Passenger Service from Addis Ababa to Djibouti via Dire Dawa
Train Travel in Djibouti
- The Express from Djibouti to Addis Ababa Train via Dire Dawa
Train Travel in Kenya
- The Lunatic Express from Nairobi to Mombasa – No longer in operation.
- The MGR Line from Nairobi to Nanyuki via Nyeri
- Madaraka Express from Nairobi to Mombasa
- Morning Intercounty Train From Nairobi to Mombasa
- The Passenger Service from Nairobi to Suswa via Maai Mahiu
- Commuter rail from Nairobi Terminus to Ngong and Ongata Rongai
- The Afternoon Express from Mombasa to Nairobi
- Morning Intercounty from Mombasa to Nairobi
- The SGR Link from Nairobi CBD to Nairobi Terminus
- Kikuyu Buffalo from Nairobi CBD to Kikuyu town
- The 5:45 Pm commuter train to Embakasi Village via Pipeline
- Ruiru Eagle from Nairobi CBD to Ruiru through Umoja, Dandora, Mwiki, and Kahawa
- The daily Nairobi Commuter Trains Schedule
- DMU Trains in Kenya – to Embakasi Village and JKIA
- Nairobi Commuter Railways – Trains and Routes
Train Travel in Uganda
Train Travel in Tanzania
- The Central Line from Mwanza to Dar es Salaam via Tabora and Dodoma
- Kilimanjaro Ordinary to Kapiri Mposhi, Zambia
- The Central Line from Dar es Salaam to Mwanza
- Passenger Service from Dar es Salaam to Kigoma
Train Travel in Zambia
- Mukuba Express from Kapiri Mposhi to Dar es Salaam
- The Mulobezi mixed train between Livingstone and Mulobezi
- Kafue Express from Kitwe to Livingstone via Lusaka
- The Zambezi Express from Kitwe to Livingstone via Lusaka
Train Travel in South Africa
- Shosholoza Meyl from Johannesburg to Capetown
- The Luxury Rovos Rail from Capetown to Dar es Salaam
- The Luxury Blue Train
Train Travel in Zimbabwe
- Passenger service from Victoria Falls town to Bulawayo
- Local service from Bulawayo to Harare
- Overnight from Bulawayo to Francistown, Botswana
- Bulawayo to Chicualachuala
Train Travel in Botswana
- BR Overnight from Lobatse to Francistown via Gaborone
Train Travel in Mozambique
- Passenger Service from Maputo to Chicualacuala