About Kenyan Backpacker:
My name is Leo. Born and raised in Kenya. Away from the computer screen, I love Backpacking in Africa, Hiking & Trekking, Travelling the World, Volunteering and Meeting nice people.
In this blog, I share backpacking tips, travel planning, and destination advice to help you travel better in Kenya, Africa and around the World.
Places I have traveled to:
Ethiopia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Qatar, Rwanda, Scotland, Singapore, Tanzania, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Awesome things I have done:
- Volunteering at Light in Africa Children’s Home in Moshi, Tanzania.
- Backpacking from Nairobi to Victoria Falls (Trains, Buses & Hitchhiking).
- Volunteering at Baraka Children’s Home in Nyeri, Kenya.
- Hiking Mt. Meru (4562.13m) in Arusha, Tanzania.
- Taking a Bus trip from Nairobi to Kigali via Kampala.
- Riding a motorcycle from Nairobi to Taveta via Namanga and Arusha and back.
- Riding in the world’s fastest roller-coaster in Abudhabi and explore the UAE.
- Wandering in Singapore and Indonesia.
What I Write about:
Kenyan Backpacker tries as much as possible to share personal experiences. Most of which are about backpacking, volunteering, Solo traveling, road trips, train trips and wandering in general. By doing so, the website hopes to provide information, tips and guide for people who are planning to travel and explore Kenyan, African and Global Destinations.